Monday, August 1, 2011

Post-camping Sunday

So after our tropical car camping extravaganza at Amalau (during which I found more amazing shells than I have found heretofore combined), we paid our "resort" host (chief Lauti) and took the meandering road back to the western side of Pago harbor.

After a quick stop at home to drop off gear and grab pina colada supplies (Coco Lopez, pineapple juice and rum), we headed back east to the Aussies' home base of Coconut Point. If I do say so myself, the pinas were an extremely successful venture on their front porch. As a side note, Coconut Point is pretty much at the top of the list for places to live and where we would likely have ended up if we weren't required to accept government housing. There really is something to be said for being able to go swimming off of one's front yard....

Being in an ideal location for such, we then took our camp-dirty selves into the South Pacific for a dip. After taking the below video, I found myself wishing I had not narrated, but I suppose you folks can handle it just this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment